I'm a communicator, a bon vivant, a culture vulture and an urbanite with deep roots in Seattle.
With progressive experience in strategic communications, media relations, public relations and reporting, I’ve built a reputation of delivering the right message for every situation.
My love affair with words and my flair for connecting with an audience began at an early age, which steered me to pursue degrees in journalism and acting. At night, you'll frequently find me at the theater and sometimes moonlighting on the stage.
My passions also include wine and travel. I've visited vineyards in Italy, France, Spain, New Zealand, Austria and California, but continue to believe my home state has some of the best juice on the planet.
I'm always in beta mode. Recently, I've taken French lessons, studied enology and sensory evaluation at the Northwest Wine Academy and completed the University of Washington's Certificate in Digital Marketing program.
Let's chat! Just fill out the form below to send me a message.
- Generated thousands of news reports in local, national and international media through targeted pitches.
- Facilitated more than 40 media relations workshops for managers and their line staff, empowering hundreds of individuals from more than 30 organizations with skills to effectively communicate with reporters. Curriculum included an award-winning training manual and served as a model for communications strategies in multiple states.
- Spokesperson experience, including live TV and radio.
- Coordinated Washington’s first statewide Identity Theft Summit, attracting substantial media attention and nearly 300 participants from government, business and consumer advocacy organizations. Wrote report outlining proposed legislation and initiatives.
- Took a lead role in launching the Washington Attorney General Office’s award-winning Guard-It identity theft prevention campaign. Partnered with the Federal Trade Commission and AARP on a statewide tour featuring educational workshops for consumers and business leaders. The tour incorporated document-shredding events as a public service and to successfully attract media attention to the campaign. The campaign reached approximately 1,400 people in 14 cities over summer and fall.
- Guided a multistate committee charged with directing publicity efforts as part of a pilot marketing campaign led by the U.S. Department of Labor’s National Business Engagement Consortium. This campaign aimed to increase brand awareness of one-stop career resource centers in seven states. Within Washington, 55 percent of employers recognized the WorkSource name prior to the campaign and 81 percent after. The Puget Sound Business Journal listed WorkSource as the region’s top employment agency. Nationally, the portion of employers who said they would definitely use a center increased by threefold.
From briefing papers to blog posts, editorials to feature articles, news releases to speeches, I've written it all and won awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Washington Press Association, Public Relations Society of America Puget Sound Chapter and The Communicator Awards.
FEDS MUST COLLABORATE WITH STATES ON BANK REGULATION
Puget Sound Business Journal - Editorial Placement
Washington Attorney General's Office
The Fate of a fountain
The Olympian - Feature Reporting
GIFT CARD QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Attorney General's All Consuming Blog
A safety net for online shoppers
Tech Flash - Editorial Placement
basin missile silos curious cold war relics
Tri-City Herald - Feature Reporting
As a young girl, my mother sometimes called me "Sarah." While Mom was undoubtedly poking fun at my dramatic flair -- the nickname was a nod to actress Sarah Bernhardt -- it's possible she also had a premonition. I began performing in plays shortly thereafter.
I made a renewed commitment to acting as an adult, graduating with Commendation honors from the Master of Arts in Acting course at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire in the heart of England. Additional training includes undergraduate studies at Western Washington University, a classical intensive at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, master classes at Seattle's Freehold Theater and workshops in Seattle and the UK.
In England, I developed an interest in devised performance and the integration of digital media and live theater. I made this the focus of my master's project, which included both an original performance and a thesis revealing insights from performers, directors, playwrights and educators from seven nations.
Height: 5'0" * Eyes: Green * Non-Union
Gulch (reading) * Lori * Live Girls Theatre - L. Nicol Cabe
The Marriage of Bette & Boo * Soot * BSA @ The Old Rep - Vik Sivalingam
Three Birds Alighting on a Field * Constatin/Alex/Philip * BSA - Benet Catty
Much Ado About Nothing (scenes) * Beatrice/Ursula/John * BSA - David Vann
A Doll's House (scenes) * Kristine * BSA - Lise Olson
The Firebugs * Fire Chief/Officer * Stageright - John Huddlestun
Almost, Maine * Marvalyn/Marci/Ginette * Gold From Straw - Aaron Schmookler
Future Imperfect (reading) * Luisa * @ ACT, Seattle - Julie Novak Weinberger
Demonize Me * Dottie * Freehold Theatre Studio Series - Jesse Putnam
Shorts: David Lindsay-Abaire * Sissy * Artattack Theatre Ensemble - Rachel Permann
Medea * Chorus * Theatre Machine - Suzannah Rogan
As You Like It * Audrey * Eclectic Theater Company - Kim Deskin
Lysistrata * Myrrhine * Burien Little Theatre - Maggie Larrick
The Evolution of Chaos * Becca * Festival of Northwest Plays - Julie Novak Weinberger
Double Shot Theatre Festival: One Forty * Northwest Playwrights Alliance - Charlotte Tiencken
Comedy of Errors * Adriana * Last Leaf Productions - Alexandra Clark
Twelfth Night * Sir Andrew * Last Leaf Productions - Alexandra Clark
Communicating Doors * Poopay * Richland Players - Bonnie Rutherford
Interview simulations * Grieving relative * Effective Arts
Dinner Theatre * Reporter/Flapper * The Murder Mystery Company
Breeding Grounds (short) * Exiting Woman #2 (featured) * Seattle Filmmakers Collective * Mark Chandler
Drastic (short) * Suzie Thomas (lead) * Capital Theater Festival (UK) * Mimi Gertchen
Book of Bob * Allie (supporting) * Protofilm - Kenton Grey
The Day My Parents Became Cool (short) * Rocker librarian (featured) * EKE Pictures - Steve Edmiston
Hewlitt Packard Training Video * Market analyst * ProMotion Arts - Drew Witt
Web video * Patient * Providence Regional Medical Center
Dealership Success Institute * Car shopper * MagicHour Films - Dan Molvar
Product Marketing video * Receptionist * Exbiblio
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, Birmingham, England: M.A. Acting with Commendation honors
American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco: Summer Training Congress - Shakespeare/classical intensive
Freehold Theatre and Acting Studio, Seattle: Master classes including Meisner intensive
Western Washington University, Bellingham: B.A. - Theater Minor
Workshops: Royal Shakespeare Company, London International School of Performing Arts, Kristin Linklater, Neil Freeman, Gary Austin, Seattle casting agents
stage and camera acting, voiceover, accents, Shakespeare, clown, masks/commedia, devised performance, social dance, improvisation, Linklater, Feldenkrais, Meisner, Meyerhold, Laban, Fitzmaurice, dagger, rapier, knife, unarmed combat